This is a 9-slide introductory PowerPoint presentation on figurative language (hyperbole, idioms, similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia, and personification) for grades 3 and up. The presentation includes:
1) separate slides to provide an overview of each type of figurative language (with examples of each);
2) independent practice & answers to identify each type of language.
Other purchase options:
1) I am posting individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I am also posting a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) You can purchase a bundle of this PowerPoint, all practice activities, AND the assessment ($7.00).
4) If you already have the PowerPoint, you can purchase the activities and assessment bundled without the PPT ($5.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).