This is a 31-slide PowerPoint presentation introducing strategies for writing introductions and conclusions for essays. The presentation includes:
1) an overview of introductions and conclusions;
2) an overview of several different types of hooks (with examples);
3) independent practice identifying the types of hooks introduced in the presentation.
Other purchase options:
1) I have posted 3 individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I have also posted a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) You can purchase a bundle of this PowerPoint, all practice activities, AND the assessment ($7.00).
4) If you already have the PowerPoint, you can purchase the activities and assessment bundled without the PPT ($5.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).