This is a 12-slide PowerPoint to teach the formatting of a business letter. If you're interested, I also have a similar PowerPoint to teach the formatting of a friendly letter in my listings.
This presentation includes:
1) overview of the purpose of business letters (to whom one would write them);
2) overview of the 6 parts of a business letter;
3) slides to illustrate the placement and other information about each part of the business letter;
4) a sample, properly-formatted business letter; and
5) independent practice on formatting business letters (with answers).
Other purchase options:
1) I am posting individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I am also posting a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) I am posting a bundle of all practice activities AND the assessment ($5.00).
4) I am posting this PowerPoint, with all practice activities and the assessment ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).