This is a 13-slide PowerPoint to teach the formatting for writing a friendly letter. In my listings, I also have a PowerPoint for formatting a business letter, if you're interested.
The presentation includes:
1) purpose of friendly letters (to whom one would write one);
2) an overview of the 5 parts of a friendly letter;
3) example slides to show placement and information on each part of the friendly letter;
4) a sample friendly letter properly formatted; and
5) independent practice covering information presented in the slides (with answers).
Other purchase options:
1) I am posting individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I am also posting a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) I am posting a bundle of all practice activities AND the assessment ($5.00).
4) I am posting this PowerPoint, with all practice activities and the assessment ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).