This is the bundle file of all ELA word walls in my TPT store. While this bundle does not address specific Common Core Standards, these posters reveal the embedded vocabulary and skills required for mastery of a variety of Common Core Standards.
1. Thinking and Problem Solving: This file includes 15 colorful wall signs covering thinking processes and problem solving techniques. Specific signs include:
Drawing Conclusion/Justifying Solutions
Observing and Experimenting
Identifying Relevant/Irrelevant Details
Creating and Designing
2. Plot: This file includes ten posters designed to colorfully decorate your room with knowledge of the parts of plot including plot, exposition, inciting event, rising action, climax, falling action, denouement/ resolution, setting, and characters. Need more for your word wall? Let me know!
3. Rhetoric: This file includes 18 posters designed to colorfully decorate your room with knowledge of the commonly used reasoning elements.
Words included are:
Fact vs Opinion
4. Logic: This file includes 24 posters designed to colorfully decorate your room with knowledge of logical fallacies. Each poster includes the term, the definition, and an example.
Words included are:
Appeals to Emotion
Two Wrong Make a Right
5. Foreign Words and Phrases: This file includes 24 posters designed to colorfully decorate your room with knowledge of the commonly used foreign words and phrases.
Designed to meet Tennessee State English I SPI 3001.1.16: Identify commonly used foreign words and phrases (i.e., RSVP, déjà vu, faux pas, du jour, bon voyage, alma mater, cum laude, femme fatale, esprit de corps, verbatim, E pluribus unum, prima donna, avant-garde, status quo, joie de vivre, carte blanche, caveat emptor, alpha and omega, tabula rasa, hoi polloi, ad nauseam).
6. Poetry: This file includes twelve posters designed to colorfully decorate your room with knowledge of the basic poetic devices including figurative language, form, and sound devices. Specific terms and examples are rhyme, rhyme scheme, line, stanza, simile, metaphor, personification, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, speaker, hyperbole, and imagery. Need more for your word wall? Let me know!