This 50+ page Presidential Election project will give your students a fun and engaging way to learn about political parties, the campaign process, and Election Day!
With this unit, your class will form two major political parties and students will work together to create a party platform with three focus areas (education, the environment, and taxes). Then, they will create their party's very own presidential candidate based on the qualities they look for in leaders!
After, students will work together to campaign (either within your classroom or throughout your school!) by creating speeches, signs, debates, and more. The unit will culminate with an election day, assessment, and self-reflection for students.
For each of the two political parties, this product includes:
- Political party creation template
- Student role assignments
- Name badges for roles
- Party platform template
- Qualities of a candidate brainstorm
- Candidate profile template
- Candidate interview template
- To-do list for campaign
- Campaign sign template
- Speech to voters template
- Campaign bookmarks template
- Debate preparation template
This product also includes:
- Election vocabulary displays
- Teacher guides/suggestions
- Ballot forms and a ballot box label
- "I voted today" templates for badges
- Two options for student assessments (true/false and fill in the blank)
- A ranking student self-reflection and an open-ended self-reflection
I hope you this product can help support you in engaging your students in productive and meaningful conversations around the election this year!