PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on fairy tale characters and gives the students an opportunity to be costume designers. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 9, the product is broken in to two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. This is a huge time saver for the busy teacher!
Note: Not only do I provide you with the lessons and information, but I also share the questions I ask students and give you the time allotments for each step of the process.
Students will learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Costumes Notes for Students
• Materials List
• Source & Video link list
• A Warm-Up—engaging and creative
• Fairy Tale Character list
• Two Assignments--one creative and one written
• Student Examples
Comprehensive? You bet. This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: Https://www.teacherfspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
or my blog at www.Dramamommaspeaks.com
Here are reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.