PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Flash Freebie! The holiday season is here! This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on the Nutcracker Ballet characters and gives the students an opportunity to be costume designers. The students learn about costume design, view a video clip of The Nutcracker Ballet and design costumes for themselves as if they were in ballet. Suitable for students in grades 3 to 6, the product is broken in to two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject.
Students will learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Costumes Notes for Students
• Materials List
• Sources & Video Link List
• A Warm-Up—Engaging and Creative
• Nutcracker Ballet Character List
• Costume Design Assignments (4)
Different from other Dramamommaspeaks costume assignments, this was created for younger students. The models are larger and the questions are appropriate for younger thinkers.
Comprehensive? You bet. This is a guaranteed winner from an award-winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: Https://www.teacherfspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
or my blog at www.Dramamommaspeaks.com
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.