PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This two-day lesson on costume design is focused on super heroes and their unusual costumes. It gives your students an opportunity be costume designers and learn all about the profession. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 9, the product is broken down for two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. Students in art classes, drama, and gifted students love this lesson.
Students learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching About Super Heroes
• Costume Notes for Students
• Procedure, including Teacher Questions
• Materials List
• Source & Video link list including Super Hero movie clips
• A Warm-up—engaging and creative
• Qualities of a Super Hero--flyer
• Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
• Student Writing Examples
This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
or my blog at www.Dramamommaspeaks.com
Review of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this activity! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.