ELF FUN WORD-SHOP has lots of writing and vocabulary activities! Elf Fun Word shop is a play on words---It's really a workshop of easy, little-or-no prep holiday activities and printables ready to go. This Elf "wordshop" file includes patterns for tracing, cutting and decorating, as well as great "go to" language-activities for keeping kids on task during this busy season.
The pattern for an elf shoe is versatile enough for decorations, writing papers, or shape books. The remainder of activities are fun vocabulary activities and creative writing exercises, and are suited for literacy centers, or independent
This activity-packed resource is aligned with the common core expectations for writing and language for grades 2-4.
The writing prompts rely on critical thinking skills for written responses. Some fifth graders who may struggle in reading and writing, may also enjoy some of the activities.
This is also just right for a holiday literacy center! Otherwise, choose pages for independent work, fast finishers, homework, or for the substitute teacher. It includes patterns for creating shape books, cards, and decorations (2-D or 3-D) that can be traced, cut out, colored, enlarged, and placed around the room. For a 3-D look, cut out 2 and stuff with paper, or fill with small fun surprises. These printables are ready to go with little or no prep. When using the patterns, you can either print and hand out as is to color and cut out, or print on card stock and use as templates. The plain elf shoes are perfect for kids who want to create their own designs, or add text.
Most pages are black and white, for practical use and economical printing. The colored game page (The Photographic Memory Game) can be laminated or used as is in a literacy center--You only need one (not for every student) for this type of game.
• Craft Ideas for Shoe Pattern
• Plain elf shoe shape / pattern
• Elf stocking to color
• Elf shoe pattern with fringe
• Elf shoe with fringe and pompom
• Elf shoe extras: fringe, pompom, star to use as templates, or print and cut out to add to stocking
• Elf shoe writing paper with lines
• Elf Vocabulary Words - for writing a story, and a reference for the scrambled words
• Scrambled Elf Vocabulary Words
• Recording sheet for unscrambling the scrambled words
• Sp“ELF” Words in “Elf”abetical Order – Write words in ABC order from the Elf Vocabulary word page.
• “Help the Elf fill the Stocking” writing page (one color and one black and white)
• Photographic Memory Game Directions , Game Sheet and Recording Sheet
• Letter from Mr. Pringle, the Elf and a Comprehension Check (Writing response to Letter from Mr. Pringle)
• Answer Key for Letter from Mr. Pringle Comprehension Check
• Elf Trouble Writing prompt (critical thinking skills)
• Elf Trouble (extra page for writing, and/or for a different prompt)
• Elf Mistake Writing Prompt
• Help the Elf! Writing Prompt
• What’s in the Box? Writing Prompt (color page, black and white page without lines, black and white page with lines)
• Help Decorate a Tree Writing Prompt
• Santa’s Snack Writing Prompt for Critical Thinking Skills and Procedure Writing
• Tongue Twisters and Recording Sheet, Answer Sheet
• Mini Word Wall (8 x 11 size) Use this list for writing, making flash cards or spelling.
**Plus many more added that are not listed above!
This packet has lots of ideas for making books, writing, and using the patterns to decorate the room, and making cards, as well as books.
Be sure to see the preview, which includes only some of the pages.
*You may also be interested in any of these winter holiday resources:
Christmas Story Starters and Craft
Christmas Read Write Draw Color
Christmas Fluency Task Cards and Game
I hope you enjoy this resource. Thank you for checking this out!