This 38-page unit is a resource to use when reading Elmer books, particularly when reading the first of the 22 books David McKee has written and illustrated.
One day, the brightly coloured elephant, decided he had had enough. The grey elephants with whom he lived at the river had been teasing him for his special skin. Ashamed of his appearance, he painted himself grey... However, the other elephants fail to recognise the grey Elmer and they don't accept him as one of their own. When it starts to rain, the grey paint washes off Elmer. Finally, the other elephants will be happy to have the patchwork elephant back.
* Elmer story map worksheet
* Design your own elephant worksheet
* Colour by numbers worksheets (different levels)
* What makes you different? I am unique because... worksheet
* Colour puzzles to print on card stock and laminate for better results
* Elmer poster: It's Okay To Be Different. Just Be Yourself!
* Alphabet on Elmer to build your own banners and decorate your classroom