• The kids love, love, love these and come up with some brilliant stories.
• Love the idea! I also like that the emojis are different than the regular Apple phone emojis. Some students like this because they are used to the regular emojis.
Thanks! Keep the ideas coming!
• I use these for Quick Writes and we love them!
HOW TO USE THESE EMOJI WRITING STRIPS
So simple, but so effective! You can motivate ALL writers, even the most reluctant. Younger students like to use the emojis to write rebus stories. Older students use the emojis to decorate their finished stories.
• Assign one strip per week. Let students share their rebus stories on Friday.
• Print one sheet for every six students in your class.
• Cut the strips and then distribute them. (If you're in a hurry, let the students cut the strips apart!)
• Students use the strip as a bookmark until they're ready to paste the emojis into their stories.
• As students write their stories, they sketch the emojis where they will later paste them. (if creating Rebus stories)
• Students use the free square to create their own emoji to include in their stories.
(This gives students some freedom to add to their stories – and so cute!)
Use these in your writing centers or for morning writing. You will be surprised at how much fun students will have writing these rebus-style stories!
• 42 weeks of cute emoji strips
• Seasonal prompts including enough for summer school.
• Strips in color and black/white.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
101 PROMPTS for making LISTS in 60 seconds
101 PROVERBS and PITHY SAYINGS
WOULD YOU RATHER 212 Thought-Provoking Icebreakers and Discussion Cards
Humorous Creative Narrative Writing Card Decks for Writing Stories
6 + 1 Traits of Writing Student Handbooklet Quick Study With AncillariesTHE WRITING PROCESS - Animated PowerPoint, 8-Page Booklet and Notes Pages
NOUNS PowerPoint and Flip-book Comprehensive and Motivating Unit!
Back to School - Student Academic and Personal Interest Surveys
CONFERENCES - forms for students to evaluate their performance and set goals
Thank you for stopping by!
Click here to go to my store.