Also included in
- Your essential back to school character traits activities bundle for school counselors and teachers with 12 resources for year-long character education. A great resource for your classroom management and social-emotional learning toolkit. Lesson plans, activities, games, posters, coloring pages, pap$49.95$62.75Save $12.80
These empathy worksheets and activities will enhance your character education toolbox to improve social skills, nurture relationships, and reduce bullying.
The lessons help students notice emotional cues by listening, observing behavior, and paying attention to body language. As they practice standing in someone else's shoes to better understand how they are feeling, they learn how best to respond in different situations.
There are a variety of activities, worksheets, posters, and coloring pages that can be used as stand-alone lessons or in conjunction with other resources. Some are used for individual learning while others can be used with small groups or as whole class activities. Students are also given opportunities to interact in role plays to reflect on their own emotions, practice skills, and share their thoughts and responses.
Empathy lessons can also be helpful for students with autism or other special needs to improve friendships and add to their growing set of positive character traits.
Click here to follow my store and learn when I post new resources and freebies.
- Classroom Circles - different types & how to use (listening & sharing)
- You, Me and Empathy - picture book activity & worksheet (discussion & writing)
- What’s That Feeling? - working in small groups with roleplay (participation)
- Feelings Worksheet - a quick no-prep activity
- How are They Feeling? - observing body language & expressions (discussion & action)
- Empathy Collage - find pictures of people showing empathy (research, cutting & pasting)
- Do to Others - recognizing emotions in others & responding (discussion & writing)
- Stand in My Shoes - stepping outside of themselves (discussion & writing)
- Helping People Feel Better - learning to respond appropriately (discussion)
- How I Show Empathy Worksheet - demonstrate how to show empathy
& acknowledge receiving it (writing)
- Posters - for your empathy bulletin board (visual aids)
- Coloring Pages - a great mindfulness activity with positive messages (motor skills)
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you require an earlier version.
- Kindness Coloring Pages
- Gratitude Coloring Pages
- Gratitude Lesson Plans, Activities and Printables Bundle - 3 resources in one
- Kindness and Bucket Filling - SEL resources to improve wellbeing and reduce bullying
- Bucket Filling - without the extra kindness lessons
- Managing Anger and Anxiety - a terrific SEL resource with strategies for students to learn to regulate their emotions
- Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
- Mindfulness Lesson Plans and Printables - an effective social-emotional resource
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
★ Did you know you can save money on TpT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products you buy.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
★ Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts by becoming a follower. Simply click the green star next to our store logo to receive email updates.
If you're interested in more resources, tips, and inspiration please follow Ripple on:
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.