Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
End the year on a fun note with the Camp Barefoot theme. I've created lots of fun educational activities and ideas for the camping theme. I've included activities for differentiation for upper grades and advanced learners. These also include books and Internet resources.
In this unit:
- Welcome Camper Poster
- Camp Barefoot Choice Board
- Tent with pictures or text for bulletin board
- Going on a Bug Hunt – Record discoveries
- Going on a Bug Hunt journal for girl and boy (You can copy more pages)
- Steps in Making S’mores – cut and paste and writing(3 pages)
- Ideas for additional activities for camping theme
- Nature Scavenger Hunt – divide into teams. Give time limit on activity
- Needs and Wants for Camping
- Letter home Mad Lib
- Information about outdoor animals and butterflies (4 different readings)
- Stationary for letter home and for new students coming into your class
- Campfire Stories to write and read around the campfire
- Flashlight Constellations and On the Trail Nature Walk
- Dirt in a Cup and Ants on a Log recipes
- Ants on a Log
- Stack the Logs (pretzel rods)
- Who Sank the Boat? Book and science activity
- Nature Sensory Poem – 5 Senses Poetry
- Going on a Bear Hunt – Singing and rhythm
- Compass Treasure Hunt and Catch of the Day math activity
- Backpack of Memories
- Happy Campers Board Game
- Roll and Cover
- Compare and Contrast
- Vocabulary for word wall
- Camp Barefoot bookmarks and...
For older students, I suggest this project based learning unit. Students open their own summer camp. OPEN A SUMMER CAMP
Click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter to receive more special offers, giveaways and new products.