Also included in
- Are you looking to Integrate technology in meaningful ways? Get your students CREATING with these highly engaging digital activities! Creation projects for Google Drive™ are a great way for students to explore their digital creativity with an academic twist. This BUNDLE contains 10 creation projects$55.00$60.67Save $5.67
This DIGITAL End of the Year Collaborative Poster Keepsake is completed in Google Drive™ using Google Drawing™ and Google Slides™. Students work together to create an end of the year class poster that can be printed or accessed digitally from a QR code/tiny url. If you wish to frame the poster, it will take a 11x8.5 frame (I was able to find one at the Dollar Store) Makes the CUTEST end of the year gift and is a fun end of the year digital activity!
Students design a balloon using the provided Google Drawing balloon template. They will fill the balloon with whatever color they choose, take a selfie>crop to shape to add to the inside of the balloon, add their first name, and use the drawing tools to add their own, personal touch that will represent their personality. Balloons will be saved as a png file (An entire Google Slides presentation with step-by-step directions is included--there is even an embedded YouTube video that explains to students how they can decorate their balloon).
The png balloon files will be uploaded to one of the poster templates that are included. YOU choose which template you would like to use for this project and delete the rest. Options include:
• One big sky with heart shaped cloud--no text
• Quote & Sky: "It is time to let you go and SOAR. Never forget the time we spent together."
• Quote & Sky: "It is time to let you go and FLY. Never forget the time we spent together."
• EDITABLE Quote box & Sky: Add your own quote or message in the provided text box.
• All of the above with a small white border (use one of these if you would like to print and frame the poster)
Before students even begin uploading their balloons to the poster template, YOU (the teacher) have the option of adding a picture of yourself "letting go" of the balloons. This will require a little prep on your part. You will need to take a picture of yourself holding your hands up in the air (see example in the directions). Then you will need to use software, a free web tool or app to cut yourself out of the picture. You can use Photoshop or PowerPoint if you are familiar with editing images with those pieces of software. I have included links to FREE web tool tutorials (Pixlr and PicMonkey ) as well as the free iPhone app, Magic Eraser , with a link to a video tutorial. The app is an EASY one to use. Then you will need to upload the image of yourself to the poster you chose on the Google Slides presentation.
What is included?
• A single Google Slide that contains all of the links for this project
• Step-by-step Google Slides™ presentation: Project on the board for students to follow. One YouTube video tutorial is embedded.
• Balloon Google Drawing Template
• Collaborative Poster Options in Google Slides (choose one of the 7 slides and delete the rest). Share this one slide with all students so they can add their balloon png.
• Examples of finished posters
• QR Code/Link Template in Google Slides: If you do not want to print this poster, use one of these templates to create little cards to hand out to your students. You can link the presentation to a QR code or use a link shortener to type in the link. (See Directions presentation for more details about this step) Choose one of the three templates provided and delete the rest.
Heads up! The more students you have, the smaller they will have to resize their balloons when they upload them to Google Slides to fit on the poster.
Any class that has some background working with laptops, computers or Chromebooks™ can do this project. It doesn't have to be limited to 3rd-5th!
Since Google Drawing is not available for iOS, this resource can only be used on laptops, computers and Chromebooks.
This download comes as a link in a PDF file. First, make sure you are signed into your Google account. Click on the link and you will be prompted to "Make a Copy" . Rename the file. It will be sent directly to your Drive! All of the links for this project will be displayed in this one file. Disperse the digital activities to your students via Google Classroom™, Google Drive™ Shared folder, your Learning Platform, etc..
Other products you might enjoy:
You can also find this product in my DIGITAL CREATION PROJECTS BUNDLE.
© 2015 Google and the Google Apps are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
Follow Me so you can be notified about my latest products! (Click the star near The Techie Teacher icon)
You can also follow me on: