Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Ender's Game Unit Teaching Package has 106+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
TOTAL: 106 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ Absolutely fantastic resource! I love all the questions in the Comprehension Journal that use quotes from the book. It really forces the students to look deeply at what they have read. From the anticipation guide to the Movie vs. Novel comparison, this unit was perfect for reading Ender's Game. I highly recommend it!
♥ An Awesome package! It makes teaching this novel even more interesting and exciting!
♥ Utilized so many resources from this package. Very comprehensive and easy to use!
♥ My homeschoolers are enjoying these assignments.
♥ This is PERFECT for my 8th grade Literature Circles class. Thank you so much! :) Awesome work!
♥ This is what I need to provide some background for my ELL students.
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 1-page activity
- 10-slide PowerPoint
- 6 short-answer questions per chapter to help the students think more deeply about characters, setting, and theme
- 15-page Packet
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer & Answer Key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict
- 2-page organizer & Answer Key
- analyze the main settings using novel quotes
- 1-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 17-question PowerPoint
- 60 Beginner vocabulary words from the novel
- 60 Advanced vocabulary words from the novel
- 12-page Bundle includes 2 lists of words, quizzes, and answer keys
- Students design a logo for one of the armies in Ender's Battle School
- 2-page Bundle
- Helps students better understand the philosophers and generals in the story
- 16-slide PowerPoint
- Discusses the characters' morality and right vs. wrong
- Discusses which characters are good or evil . . . and why
- 9-slide PowerPoint
- 1 character analysis essay prompt w/ grading rubric
- 1 page of sample essay ideas
- 1 page with 4 rubrics on it for easy quartering
- 7 character analysis pages for them to keep track of quotations
- 10-page Bundle
··· Ansible Video Activity
- 1-page Activity
- Students record video to send to Earth about what evil is.
··· Movie vs. Novel Comparison
- 2-page Activity
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
- Audio book iTunes tracts labeled w/ page #s
- 1 screenshot image
*** 106 pages / slides total in lesson plan unit ***
NOTE: Every PowerPoint includes both the PowerPoint Show and the customizable .ppt file.
Enjoy Ender's Game! The enemy's gate is down!
»»» OTHER ENDER'S GAME ACTION:
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!