showing 1-5 of 13 products
- Bundle Description
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: ENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card
TOTAL: 106 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
→ Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
Enjoy! And remember, the enemy's gate is down!
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ Absolutely fantastic resource! I love all the questions in the Comprehension Journal that use quotes from the book. It really forces the students to look deeply at what they have read. From the anticipation guide to the Movie vs. Novel comparison, this unit was perfect for reading Ender's Game. I highly recommend it!
♥ An Awesome package! It makes teaching this novel even more interesting and exciting!
♥ Utilized so many resources from this package. Very comprehensive and easy to use!
♥ My homeschoolers are enjoying these assignments.
♥ This is PERFECT for my 8th grade Literature Circles class. Thank you so much! :) Awesome work!
♥ This is what I need to provide some background for my ELL students.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 1-page activity
- 10-slide slideshow
- 6 short-answer questions per chapter to help the students think more deeply about characters, setting, and theme
- 15-page packet
- analyze the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer & Answer Key
- analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page analyzer & answer key
- analyze the main settings using novel quotes
- 1-page analyzer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 17-question slideshow
- 60 beginner vocabulary words from the novel
- 60 advanced vocabulary words from the novel
- 12-page bundle includes 2 lists of words, quizzes, and answer keys
- design a logo for one of the armies in Ender's Battle School
- 2-page bundle
- Helps students better understand the philosophers and generals in the story
- 16-slide slideshow
- Discusses the characters' morality and right vs. wrong
- Discusses which characters are good or evil . . . and why
- 9-slide slideshow
- 1 character analysis essay prompt w/ grading rubric
- 1 page of sample essay ideas
- 1 page with 4 rubrics on it for easy quartering
- 7 character analysis pages for them to keep track of quotations
- 10-page bundle
★ Ansible Video Activity (→ print & digital)
- 1-page activity
- record video to send to Earth about what evil is.
- Included in unit ... not available individually
- 2-page activity
- compare & contrast the movie and novel
★ iPod Audio Tracts Tracker (→ print & digital)
- Audio book iTunes tracts labeled w/ page #s
- This is just a helpful tool that show's how the audiobook tracts match up with the pages in the book.
- 1 screenshot image
OTHER ENDER'S GAME ACTION
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!