Also included in
- This bundle of friendship activities is perfect for use with the Enemy Pie. Encourage kindness and respect for behavior management with these engaging book companion resources.You'll find growth mindset lessons along with a craft activity, word search, kindness coloring pages, emotions worksheets, a$9.95$11.50Save $1.55
- A bundle of social-emotional learning and friendship activities to teach social skills and character traits like empathy and kindness to nurture healthy relationships. Digital and printable counseling activities for your classroom management toolbox with a bonus calming strategies resource for teach$22.50$26.90Save $4.40
- A back to school bundle of 13 resources to nurture character traits like kindness, empathy, respect, gratitude, and friendship. School counselors will have social-emotional learning, character education and classroom management resources for a year.Mostly used with 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grad$51.95$67.50Save $15.55
If you need a friendship lesson that teaches about kindness and respect, read Enemy Pie by Derek Munson. Our friendship activities complement the book perfectly to help you build positive character traits and social skills through reading comprehension worksheets and a craft for second and third grade students.
As students come back to school, they will learn to cooperate, include others, and be patient and considerate towards the peers while working in groups to brainstorm friendly ingredients to make a ‘friends forever pie’. Great for addressing anti-social behavior or as school counseling lesson plans.
Read a book review of Enemy Pie by David Munson and see a video reading HERE.
➡️ Happy Customer
"I am going to use this lesson every year. I used it before Covid-19. You can't go over kindness enough in my opinion and this was easy and engaging. " - Lesley Y
Used with 3rd grade
What students learn:
- The importance of not judging and forming opinions too quickly
- To give everyone a chance to prove themselves
- Form your own opinion instead of listening to others
- Spending time with someone is the best way to get to know them
- Being a friend is more rewarding than being an enemy
- Showing kindness can improve a relationship
- Kids sometimes need to be assertive when making friends or wanting to be included in activities
- The best way to get rid of an enemy is to make them your friend
Included in this resource:
- Instructions for using with younger and older students
- 1 x Reading comprehension worksheet
- 1 x Feelings created by actions worksheet
- 1 x Enemy antonyms worksheet
- 1 x Acrostic poem template
- 3 x Word searches
- 3 x Coloring pages
- 1 x Display poster
- 1 x Pie craft template
- Extra activity suggestions
How to use:
- Great as a back-to-school activity to help students connect and learn how to treat one another with kindness
- Helps students expand their vocabulary
- Practice writing as students answer questions about the story
- Enhance word recognition, concentration, and spelling with word searches
- Improve memory as students recall details from the story
- Students explore the actions that result in different feelings
- Children learn about antonyms
- Encourage positive relationships and for students to be friendly and kind towards others
- Start discussions around kindness and caring to promote a kind and inclusive classroom and school community
- Use as a springboard to brainstorm ways to be friendly to reduce anti-social and bullying behavior
Summary of the story
Jeremy Ross moves into the neighborhood and instantly becomes the narrator’s enemy. He learns however that his dad has a genius recipe for a pie guaranteed to get rid of enemies. The only problem is that the other part of the plan requires him to spend the WHOLE DAY with his enemy BUT he does get to serve up a big helping of his dad’s disgusting enemy pie and the end of it.
After a day of activities and getting to know one another, the narrator decides that Jeremy might not be so bad after all and takes him off his enemy list. Now he has to stop him eating that dreaded enemy pie!!
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you require an earlier version.
Get the A4 version HERE.
- Gratitude Coloring Pages
- Gratitude Lesson Plans, Activities and Printables Bundle - 3 resources in one
- Kindness and Bucket Filling - SEL resources to improve wellbeing and reduce bullying
- Bucket Filling - without the extra kindness lessons
- Managing Anger and Anxiety - a terrific SEL resource with strategies for students to learn to regulate their emotions
- Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
- Mindfulness Lesson Plans and Printables - an effective social emotional resource
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
★ Did you know you can save money on TpT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products you buy.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
★ Be the first to know about new products, freebies and discounts by becoming a follower. SImply click the green star next to our store logo to receive email updates.
If you're interested in more resources, tips and inspiration please follow Ripple on:
★ TpT - Click the green star next to our store name
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.