ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS RESOURCES
This HUGE resource was featured on the Top Selling 100 Products list for Teachers Pay Teachers. It includes many of my top selling English Language Arts resources. By purchasing this bundle instead of an individual products, you are getting almost 30% in savings!
Included In Your Purchase (Click Titles For More Information):
A YEAR OF JOURNAL PROMPTS
This resource includes printable cards, presentation slides, and student response sheets
1. Month inspired prompts (5 for each month) which include historical/interesting events that happened in that month with a related journal prompt. 60 prompts in total!
2. Opinion Prompts (15) which allows students to defend a position.
3. Finish This Sentence Prompt (15) which allows students to make their own topic by filling in the blank space.
4. Quote Journal Prompts (15) which have students respond personally to famous quotes.
50 CREATIVE ASSIGNMENTS FOR ANY NOVEL
Gone are the days of boring book reports and reading responses! This multi-faceted resource provides fun ready-to-use assignments that will work for any novel or short story that your students are reading. Each of the one page assignments can be printed and handed to your students – it’s that easy!
EXIT PASSES FOR ANY SUBJECT
This product contains 11 different exit passes. Each of the printable exit passes also come with a colorful poster that you can put on your wall to display what the students learned that day underneath!
5 PARAGRAPH ESSAY
This 12 slide Powerpoint presentation goes through the most important elements of structuring the 5 paragraph essay. The Powerpoint uses a metaphor comparing writing an essay to wearing a suit. The presentation includes lots of information and clear examples for students.
A Powerpoint presentation on Plagiarism (discusses what it is, types, consequences, and how to avoid it)
ESSAY WRITING HANDOUTS
→ Double sided MLA formatting guidebook (requires double sided photocopying)
→ Academic Dictionary (formal writing)
→ Using Transitions
→ Three Essay Graphic Organizers to choose from (one in Interactive Notebook style)
→ Self Evaluation: Essay Structure Checklist
→ 6 Traits Revising And Editing Checklist
→ MLA Style/Critical Analysis Checklist
HILARIOUS GRAMMAR POSTERS
If you are a teacher who loves a good grammar joke, these posters are for you. Not only will these 11 posters make you laugh, but they will also help to brighten up your classroom! My students really get a kick out of these (if they get the joke of course!).
HILARIOUS HALL PASSES
Use these 6 funny hall passes when students need to leave the room. You are sure to get a smile out of your students :) You simply need to print, laminate, and they are ready to go!. You can also attach them to a piece of cardboard with your class name and room number on the back!
INDEPENDENT NOVEL PROJECT
Whether it be creating an art project surrounding their book, writing from a characters perspective, or filming a documentary, this project will allow your students to shine!
FINAL NOVEL QUESTIONS
This file contains a page of final assessment questions for your students to complete after they have read an independent novel or for a literature circle! The questions could also be used for any novel you are reading as a class.
LITERARY GENRES POSTERS
Use these colorful posters to brighten up your classroom, and also teach students about lots of literary genres! (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Drama,Tragedy, Comedy etc)
LITERARY TERMS BOOKMARKS, POSTERS, & ACTIVITIES
The purchase includes 8 posters for your classroom which discuss the main literary elements you will use when analyzing fiction (plot, setting, atmosphere, theme, foreshadowing, conflict, narrator, tone). Also included are bookmarks that can be used as a reference for your students while reading (color coded to the posters) and two activities.
POETRY ANALYSIS TERMS PRESENTATION
This presentation is a must-have for anyone starting a poetry unit! It goes over the most frequently used figures of speech, literary devices, and poetry terms required for poetry analysis.
SHORT STORIES MINI UNIT
• A Powerpoint presentation which reviews all of the literary devices (also includes some review questions for formative assessment).
• A fill in the blank sheet that the students can use to take notes from the presentation
• An interactive review game called "Who Wants To Be A Literary Terms Expert"
• Answer sheets for the game so all students can participate
• Humorous Certificates for students who win the game!
• A quiz based off the notes given in class (key included)
• A detailed lesson plan for how to implement the resources
PICTURE PERFECT PROMPTS
• A Powerpoint presentation with 31 visual prompts your students can use to start writing. You can choose to show the class one picture and have them write (it is amazing how different the stories are!)
• 31 Printable cards of picture prompts to give your students some choice in their writing! I have a box that I put the cards in and whenever I hear "I don't know what to write" I say "picture prompts!" and the problem is solved.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
This purchase will get you a year of weekly quotes for students to respond to! Every week, introduce one of the 36 inspirational quotes to your students, and add one of the beautiful ready-made posters to your classroom wall! You can discuss the quote as a class and your students can choose from three mini assignments to complete about the quote.
WORDS THAT POP! DESCRIPTIVE WRITING
This resource has everything you need to teach descriptive writing. Included is a detailed presentation on descriptive writing, and a fun workbook that takes students through the process of improving their writing. The final product is a descriptive piece about popcorn.
Feedback On This Resource:
♥ I'm not sure I can summarise how much I LOVE this bundle. It is excellent and engaging and fun to use. Thank you, thank you, thank you x
♥ LOVE! Well worth the money! I use something it seems everyday.
♥ I wish I'd seen this earlier in the school year. This is an amazing resource!
♥ A MUST HAVE! I am thrilled to have such a great resource. I am certain that I will use majority of the bundled items for this school year.
♥ Another wonderful resource by Presto Plans! Bonnie has saved me from many long hours trapped behind my desk planning! I am able to either use her plans as is, or tweak them to fit my style. I am preparing for my next month of plans and this is going to speed up my life considerably!
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers