This is a complete Honors Precalculus course containing 11 units that takes a regular school year to cover.
Every Lesson in every unit includes the following resources:
- PowerPoint: the version I use in my classroom as well as in the corresponding video; scales and checks for understanding are built into the lesson.
o The Flow of most of my PowerPoint:
2. Example (I-Do)
3. Example (we-Do)
4. Check for Understanding: (You-Do):
• multiple choice question similar to previous examples
• I use turning point clickers along with my power point to collect data on which students understand
o If you don’t have clickers, you can use white boards or other data collecting techniques
5. Florida standards, objectives and LEQ’s
• The Lesson Essential Questions (LEQ’s) on these “Scales” slides are the “Notebook” check questions I expect my students to answer using complete sentences and turn in on the day of the unit test.
o Repeat 1-5 for each objective
o Last slides of presentation include:
1. Selected homework problems to match the objectives covered in the PowerPoint
2. Answers to selected problems
o Warning: I tried to catch all mistakes in answers given, but I am sure that I may have missed some, please be kind