At the end of the year, determine which students have achieved your reading and spelling benchmarks.
This EOY testing resource is highly adaptable, with word components you can choose from, and even blank forms for creating your own word lists.
Choose from 5 literacy assessments
1. Spelling (group)
2. Dictation (group)
3. Nonphonetic High Frequency Words (individual)
4. Phonetic Words (individual)
5. Running Records (individual)
To compile the results, you can use any of these Class and Individual Summaries
• Class Assessment Summary
• Class Nonphonetic High Frequency Words
• Class Phonetic Words
• Class Running Record Progress
• Individual Running Record Progress
This assessment kit has many benefits
• is flexible
• determines which students have met your benchmark levels
• provides charts for summarizing students' literacy skills
• highlights student literacy strengths and weaknesses
• gives valuable data for your students' upcoming teachers
• helps identify areas of your instruction that may need more emphasis in the future
I designed this EOY kit to be used with these kits at the beginning and middle of the year:
Diagnostic Literacy Assessment for Beginning Guided Reading: K-1
Midyear Literacy Benchmark Assessment: Grade 1
Assessment kits for the beginning, middle, and end of the year are also available as a bundle
at a 25% discount.
BOY MOY EOY Literacy Assessment GROWING BUNDLE: K-1
Happy teaching (and testing)!
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store, Many Roads to Reading
, or by email