Also included in
- These exciting challenges are perfect for practicing back to school team building and communication skills! Each breakout activity begins when your students are on a "field trip" run by YOU- the most awesome and creative teacher in the history of the world- when something goes awry. Now they must w$16.99$20.97Save $3.98
- From Back to School to End of Year, this breakout bundle includes interactive and immersive adventures. Each challenge addresses ELA standards in a fun and engaging way. Your students won't even realize how much they are learning, which is the BEST way to learn, isn't it?!Individually, the total val$65.99$82.90Save $16.91
This creative escape room adventure is a well-organized context clue breakout with a fun sci-fi twist! Your students are visiting relatives on the planet Nonsensica, but their only map home to Earth has been torn to shreds. They'll have to stay forever...unless they can work in teams to solve a series of FUN context clue and inference challenges!
*This unit was updated on 2/26/20. We made it even faster and easier to set up! We also added photo props and an early finisher coloring page.
What have awesome teachers just like you said about this escape room?
- "This is so fun! It was the perfect level for my kids. They loved it all. There are so many deep thinking elements to this. I actually had my unannounced observation when I was using this lesson, and it was a hit!"
- "Easily one of the best products I've ever purchased from TpT. All of my students were engaged, working hard, and having fun while learning. It's worth every penny! Thanks :)"
- "The kids had a great time working on this. Very easy to put together."
You will LOVE watching your students work together to complete the challenge! They will be so immersed in the activity that they won't even know they're learning!
Which skills will kids practice?
The entire activity requires critical thinking skills, problem-solving, reading comprehension, context clue skills, and inference skills. Kids will complete a series of challenges. Each one brings them closer to the pieces of the lost map they need to get home to Earth.
What is included?
The reference pages include NOTES on the four methods of defining unfamiliar words: roots and affixes, parts of speech, surrounding text, and visuals. If they put these notes in their binder, students can use these pages as a source of reference all year long!
We've included at-a-glance instructions for easy setup. A color printer and a few envelopes or folders are all you need. Unlike other breakout activities, you don't have to go out and buy expensive locks and boxes, because we've included everything you need to print and go!
The escape starts with an optional short video introduction (eerily similar to the opening to a famous movie that rhymes with Tar Tours... ;) It's not necessary to show it, but the video is fun for the kids to watch!
There are four activities for students to finish as a group. They're ALL fun, and they require that students read, follow directions, and use context clues and inferences.
This activity also includes exit tickets, student awards, optional photo props, and a coloring page for early finishers.
How long will it take?
Completing the entire escape can take anywhere from 40-50 minutes, depending on how quickly the class is able to complete the activities.
Have fun and be sure to come back for more ESCAPE ROOM challenges!
***Why should kids have all the FUN? Take a look at ESCAPE THE SCHOOL: TEACHERS' EDITION!***