ESCAPE ROOM PRINT & DIGITAL BUNDLE: THE CLASSROOM FLOOR IS LAVA
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (2)
Use this digital and print escape room team builder to help foster classroom community and improve critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
This can be used in English class as it incorporates some ELA skills (spelling, homophones, capitalization), but can also work for any other subject!
The best part is that your purchase comes with a hand-drawn video, created by the talented John Spencer, that introduces the escape room and tells the back story to hook students in. Watch a short preview of the video on this page.
HOW IT WORKS
Students watch a video that introduces the escape room back story. They are at school on the weekend preparing for the upcoming school dance when the floor cracks open and stars spewing lava. Their only chance at escaping is to get the code to the elevator that brings them to the roof, but their teacher has protected the passphrase with challenges and puzzles.
If using the print version, students use response sheets to record their answers to the puzzles/riddles as they circulate the room to different stations. If it works for your particular students, you can have them not touch the floor between the stations and use the included signs to indicate safe “lava free” spots where they can step.
If using the digital version, students can use the self-checking, password-protected file to enter the passphrase needed to escape.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
- Detailed teacher instructions for setting up the room and facilitating the escape room
- Teacher PowerPoint and Google slides to share basic instructions to students
- Signs for each of the six stations for the print version
- Student instructional poems / poem slides for each of the six challenges
- All the print and digital / Google slides and materials students need for each challenge (spelling search, puzzle riddle, homophone reading, pictogram cards, letter puzzle, student instructional poem cards, envelopes, station markers and much more!)
- Student answer sheets and slides where the group can record the words they find to the passphrase.
- A password-protected PDF to enter the final passphrase.
- A teacher answer key.
The videos and resources in this resource are for single-classroom use and are not to be uploaded to an open website in any format without permission from the creators. Please contact email@example.com if you require more information.
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES