Also included in
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL BUNDLE FOR ESL/ELL TEACHERS: growth mindset posters, purple watercolour schedule/routine labels, matching editable teacher toolbox labels, practical quick reference posters (student interaction, ESL skills, genre posters), ESL assessment grids (oral interaction/speaking, reinvestment$20.48$29.25Save $8.77
- Back-to-school bundle for ELL teachers: Opinion text writing resource with mentor texts and differentiated activities (guided writing), ESL skills evaluation grids, self-assessment forms, close reading: annotating strategies handout and quick reference cards. ⭐This bundle contains 4 resources:1. Per$19.52$24.40Save $4.88
- Back-to-school bundle for ELL teachers: Floral-themed growth mindset posters, matching schedule/routine labels (for the ESL/ELA classroom) and teacher toolbox labels, ESL skills evaluation grids, useful posters for the ESL classroom (genre posters, spatial prepositions, students interaction & ES$24.36$30.45Save $6.09
- Back-to-school bundle for ELL teachers: Floral-themed growth mindset posters, matching schedule/routine labels (for the ESL/ELA classroom) and editable toolbox labels, ESL skills evaluation grids, close reading: annotating strategies handout and quick reference cards. This bundle contains 5 resource$16.32$20.40Save $4.08
- A collection of my best-selling resources available in my store: listening, reading/viewing comprehension, writing, ESL assessment grids, award certificates, short story study guide, mini project booklets, and final assessment ideas for any novel. ✋Please check out the preview file and description o$61.67$88.10Save $26.43
- Back-to-school bundle for ESL/ELL teachers: annotating and reading strategies handout and bookmarks, ESL assessment grids (speaking, reading, writing), colour-coded error correction code and feedback cards, bell-ringer journals and task cards ( paragraph writing activities)⭐This bundle contains 4 re$17.12$21.40Save $4.28
- Back-to-school bundle for ESL/ELL teachers: annotating and reading strategies handout and bookmarks, ESL assessment grids (speaking, reading, writing), colour-coded error correction code and feedback cards, bell-ringer journals and task cards ( paragraph writing activities), Taking Risks Competency-$45.19$64.55Save $19.36
- ESL assessment and feedback tools for secondary teachers. These resources are ideal for ESL learners and teachers; however, they may also be useful in ELA classes. Please refer to the preview file of each individual resource to make sure this bundle is appropriate for your learners. ⭐What is include$22.96$28.70Save $5.74
- The ESL Teacher's Mega Bundle for secondary learners contains time-saving resources to develop students' speaking, listening, reading (response process) and writing skills (also response to text in writing), useful posters for your ESL class, and assessment tools. Please download my free curriculum$200.31$286.15Save $85.84
ESL assessment grids and observation tools to monitor students' progress and to assess their speaking (interacts orally), reading (understanding and reinvestment of understanding/response to texts), listening, and writing skills.
⭐Type of resources included:
- Detailed assessment grids to evaluate speaking, reading, and writing skills - These are ideal for summative assessments, but they might also be used for formative assessment.
- Observation tools to monitor students' progress - These are more appropriate to observe your students' performance while they are completing different tasks.
- Quick scoring rubrics
- Each type of rubric is saved as a PPT and a PDF file. If you need to use these assessment grids as paperless resources, you may import the PPT versions into Google Slides™ and add text boxes.
- The preview file contains more details about the nature of these rubrics and progress monitoring tools.
- MAJOR UPDATE: August 2020 (landscape orientation, improved assessment rubrics, various observation tools added and updated).
⭐Important notice: These rubrics are not editable. Take a look at the preview file to make sure this is the right resource for you. These assessment rubrics are ideal for ESL classes; however, they can be useful in ELA classes, as well.
⭐Evaluation grids/tools included:
- Interacts orally assessment grid (Speaking skills)
- Using English during pair or group work daily/weekly/monthly log
- General assessment rubric for reinvestment of Understanding of Texts (Reading skills/Competency 2: Reinvests understanding of texts)
- Response process assessment rubric - You may download a sample here: FREE Response Process (Reading Skills) Assessment/Evaluation Grid (portrait orientation, but very similar content).
- General assessment rubric for written productions
- Response paragraph rubric
- Opinion text/persuasive writing assessment rubric
- Feature article assessment rubric
- Brochure assessment grid
- General project rubric - Use it to assess group projects or students' personal projects (personal project scoring rubric).
- Various observation tools to observe students' performance (speaking, reading, listening, and writing).
- Quick grading/scoring rubrics (reinvestment of understanding and writing) - This item can be purchased separately here: Quick Grading Rubrics - Reinvestment of Understanding & Writing - If you purchase this ESL Assessment Grids and Observation Tools resource, you do not need to purchase the quick grading rubrics separately as they are already included in the file.
You might also like this complementary assessment tool you may use along with the ESL assessment grids: ESL Competency Development Reports/Student Performance Assessment Tools
⭐FILE DETAILS: Paper size: 8.5" x 11" (Standard US Letter). Documents are not editable unless otherwise stated. Resources are available either in a PDF or PPT file.
❤️SATISFACTION: Before downloading a product, read the product description and check out the preview document to determine if the resource is appropriate for your students. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
⭐HOW CAN YOU EARN TPT CREDITS? When you rate a product, you earn TpT credits that you can use on your future purchases. Simply go to your My purchases page and click on the Provide feedback button to rate a resource and leave a short constructive comment. Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to create better resources.
✨LET'S CONNECT: Follow my store and social media pages to be among the first to know about new resources, updates, sales, and freebies.