Pre-intermediate (CEFR B1) English speaking practice lesson.
Topic: Expressing feelings Language Focus: Verbs + -ing/infinitive, adjectives of feeling
These materials and the method they contain inspire students, boost their confidence, and improve their fluency fast whilst helping to maintain motivation levels. All because there is a clear learning outcome to every lesson which is captured using technology and recycled to maximum effect. Each individual learner experiences real speaking success as part of a number of growing and unique social relationships that are enjoyable to have. Just one lesson per week for ten weeks and you will all be impressed by the audible improvement you will be able to capture, hear and share for assessment and to provide evidence of learning.
World-famous language acquisition Professor Stephen Krashen called the results achieved with these English learning materials and their method "Remarkable...a major contribution to what we know works."
English Out There Teacher Delivered lesson plans and worksheets are a series of English lessons that incorporate social interaction with fluent and native English speakers, either face-to-face (when taught in an English speaking environment) or online using social networks and social media tools to connect students for effective speaking practice/language exchange (e.g. facilitated using tablets, smartphones, social LMSs, social networks such as Edmodo, ePals, GAFE/Google Hangouts and Skype etc.).
What you and your students get with this lesson,
• A road-tested English lesson designed to help your students improve their spoken English through using it in a structured and focused way during real social interaction.
• A flexible, easy-to-teach/easy-to-augment (e.g. with online video) PDF Lesson Plan with associated PDF student Worksheets that you can use in your classroom, out-and-about and online.
• Integrated digital homework speaking task in every lesson that can be used for on-going assessment.
• EOT On and Offline Social Learning Instructions for Teachers PDF for you to help your students to meet, build and manage their own successful online practice partner network (e.g. using Edmodo to connect with other classes)
• Comprehensive and easy-to-follow teaching instructions presentation PDF
• Unlimited online support via Edmodo, Google+ or Facebook (just drop me a line)
• Worksheets can be worked on digitally (e.g. Adobe Reader) and used in file sharing/virtual classroom set ups. They are also designed to print well in greyscale.
About Me: My name is Jason and started teaching English Out There in 2001 because I thought there was a better way to teach speaking skills. Languages Out There is a small innovative UK education company majority owned and run by me. A few dedicated teacher colleagues are also shareholders. The lessons were taught for about 250,000 hours to paying students in and on the streets of London before publication, and are now being taught all over the world. They include crowd and peer-sourced content curated from the real activity of thousands of learners, feedback from experienced teachers I employed and the input of five paid professional editors to finish them off. I don’t think there are many (if any) ESL materials quite like them. The result of all of that development and field testing is that they just work. They are designed to make teaching English speaking effective and a lot more enjoyable, for everyone involved.
To learn more and hear the ‘before and after’ audio case study evidence that Professor Krashen listened to before writing his comment go here: http://EnglishOutThere.com/listen
Feel free to ask any questions before purchase.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.