ESL Beginners Lessons: Days, Time & Weather Unit
Also included in
- ** ESL Secondary Education Newcomer Curriculum **This can be used completely online for distance learning and on-site! What you receive with this purchase: 2 Units at 20% offGrammar Skills: simple present tense, using be-verbs in positive and negative sentences, creating questions using be-verbs, doPrice $15.98Original Price $19.98Save $4.00
- Hello and thank you for shopping here; I'm so excited to share this with you! This bundle has all units at 25% off. I have taught this curriculum in my own high school ESL classroom for several years. As of December 2021, all 11 units have been posted here on TPT. Please note I do add to units eachPrice $81.00Original Price $108.89Save $27.89
What's the weather today? What day is it? What time is it? Your ESL newcomers will be able to answer all these questions by the end of this unit! It's made primarily for middle and high school students, and it can be taught online, on-site, or in the hybrid model. The digital resources are compatible with Google Classroom.
This is the fourth unit I teach with my newcomers. This unit can also be found in over a year's worth of curriculum here. The unit takes 3.5 to 4 weeks. I teach it in but you can easily make adjustments to fit your students’ needs. It covers days of the week, how to read an analog clock, how to use time phrases, how to talk about the weather, a few basic phrases, and lots of grammar, speaking, and listening activities (see below!).
* Day by Day Unit Instructions (10 pages)
* Document with all digital links (1 page)
* Word Wall (9 pages)
* Days, Time, & Weather Flashcards - Color, B/W, Key, Credits (11 pages) + Digital Practice
* Practice Worksheets with Keys and a Vocabulary & Grammar Test (50 pages)
* Digital Practice Worksheets and a Vocabulary & Grammar Test (26 pages)
* Bell Work - 10 Slides plus 10 Keys & Bell Work Worksheet for students (20 slides, 2 pages)
* Digital Bell Work - (10 Slides)
* Fluency Practice and Rubric (2 pages)
* 4 Speaking and/or Listening Slideshows (148 slides)
* 2 Speaking activities that need to be printed
Who Has, I Have (3 pages)
Slap Jack (Color, B/W, Instructions = 17 pages)
This unit reviews the simple present tense, using be-verbs in positive and negative sentences, creating questions using be-verbs, do & does, and has & have. It introduces how to read an analog clock, prepositions “at,” “on,” and “in,” the present progressive tense, and contractions using subject pronouns and be-verbs. The summative test includes vocabulary and grammar. My previous units introduce any grammar that is reviewed in this unit. In my following units, we continue to review and practice all grammar introduced in this unit as well as add new grammar.
Words or phrases included in flashcard set:
Sunday * Monday * Tuesday * Wednesday * Thursday * Friday * Saturday * day * week * half past __ o’clock * quarter past __ o’clock * quarter to __ o’clock * noon * midnight * sun * moon * weather * rainy * snowy * cloudy * windy * stormy * sunny * hot * cold * dark * light * early * late * go * feel * shiver * sweat * change
Basic Sentences Include:
** What time is it? The time is _________.
** What’s the weather today? The weather is ________.
** Spell the town you are living in now. My town is spelled _______.
** What do you like to do? I like to ____________.
** What is your father’s or mother’s name? My _____’s name is _______.
To learn even more about this unit, please visit my blog.
FULL 11 Unit Curriculum at 25% off
Unit 1: Introduction to School
Unit 3: School People and Places
----- Units 1, 2, 3 @ 20% off
Unit 4: Your Day – Days, Time, Weather (You are viewing this one!)
Unit 5: Your Year - Months, Seasons, & Colors.
----- Units 4, 5 @ 20% off
----- Units 6, 7 @ 20% off
Unit 8: Face, Body, Illnesses, & Injuries
----- Units 8, 9 @ 20% off
----- Units 10, 11 @ 20% off