ESL Beginners Lessons: Home Unit
Also included in
- This bundle includes 2 units at 20% off. Please click on each individual item for an in-depth description. As always, thank you for shopping here!--- All ESL Newcomer Units in my Shop ---FULL 11 Unit Curriculum at 25% offUnit 1: Introduction to School Unit 2: Cafeteria & Restroom Unit 3: SchoolPrice $15.98Original Price $19.98Save $4.00
- Hello and thank you for shopping here; I'm so excited to share this with you! This bundle has all units at 25% off. I have taught this curriculum in my own high school ESL classroom for several years. As of December 2021, all 11 units have been posted here on TPT. Please note I do add to units eachPrice $81.00Original Price $108.89Save $27.89
Thanks so much for shopping here! This is Unit 7 in . It covers home vocabulary words and these words are memorized while completing different activities. Embedded in the unit are two digital vocabulary games. Object pronouns are reviewed with another digital game as well as a self grading Google Form. There is also a board game that reviews simple present negative sentences. Finally, there is another digital game to review everything in the unit.
I complete this unit in about with 80 minute block periods. There is a summative test that includes vocabulary and grammar. The digital resources are compatible with Google Classroom.
* Day by Day Unit Instructions (8 pages)
* Document with all (1 page)
* Word Walls (12 pages)
* Home Flashcards - Color, B/W, Key (13 pages + )
* Practice Worksheets (19 pages, KEYS - 16 pages)
* Practice Worksheets (19 pages)
* Vocabulary & Grammar Test (8 pages + 8 pages of KEYS)
* Vocabulary and Grammar Test (8 pages)
* Bell Work - 13 Slides plus 13 Keys & Bell Work Worksheet for students (26 slides, 2 pages)
* Bell Work (13 slides)
* Fluency Dialogue and Rubric (2 pages)
* Speaking and Listening games
1. Comparative & Superlative Speaking Slideshow (15 slides)
2. Demonstrative Adjectives (this, that, these, those) Speaking Slideshow (29 slides)
3. Object Pronoun Speaking Slideshow (14 slides) with identical Self Grading Google Form for independent formative assessment.
4. Preposition Practice - Group listening practice or independent practice on Google Slides (6 slides)
5. Negative simple present tense board game (8 pages)
6. Past tense verbs word sort (2 pages + )
This unit reviews comparative/superlative adjectives, and the simple present tense. It introduces the demonstrative adjectives this, that, these, those, object nouns and pronouns, prepositions, phrasal verbs, negative simple present tense, and past tense verbs.
Words or phrases included in flashcard set
house * apartment * bedroom * bathroom * living room * dining room * garage * laundry room * nursery * kitchen * bathtub * shower * faucet *microwave * dishwasher * oven * refrigerator * couch * sofa * rug * crib * bed * lamp * washing machine * dryer * key * sleep * go to sleep * wake up * dream * close * open * turn on * turn off * pick up * shave * relax * brush * fix * cook * behind * next to * in front of * on * under * below * in * above * between * through
Additional flashcards include:
** Q: What is your address? A: My address is _____.
** Q: What street do you live on? A: I live on _____.
** Q: Who lives at your home? A: ____ lives at my home.
** Q: What time do you wake up? A: I wake up at _____.
** Q: What time do you go to sleep? A: I go to sleep at _____.
FULL 11 Unit Curriculum at 25% off
Unit 1: Introduction to School
Unit 3: School People and Places
----- Units 1, 2, 3 @ 20% off
Unit 4: Your Day – Days, Time, Weather
Unit 5: Your Year - Months, Seasons, & Colors
----- Units 4, 5 @ 20% off
Unit 7: Home (You are viewing this one!)
----- Units 6, 7 @ 20% off
Unit 8: Face, Body, Illnesses, & Injuries
----- Units 8, 9 @ 20% off
----- Units 10, 11 @ 20% off