ESL Beginners Lessons: Introduction to School
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Thank you for shopping here! This bundle goes over all your school basics. What you receive with this purchase: 3 Units at 20% offGrammar Skills: plural/singular nouns, pronouns, simple present tense, numbers, writing both positive and negative sentences with be-verbs, questions using be-verbs, do &Price $21.50Original Price $26.97Save $5.47
- Hello and thank you for shopping here; I'm so excited to share this with you! This bundle has all units at 25% off. I have taught this curriculum in my own high school ESL classroom for several years. As of December 2021, all 11 units have been posted here on TPT. Please note I do add to units eachPrice $81.00Original Price $108.89Save $27.89
Thanks for browsing here! This ESL middle school and high school newcomer curriculum can be used for any classroom situation that comes your way. It is ideal for an on-site or hybrid model of teaching. It can also work for total distance, online learning. The digital resources are compatible with Google Classroom.
This is the first unit I teach with my newcomers, and it takes approximately 2.5 weeks. I teach it in but there is of flexibility to fit it into whatever amount of teaching time you have.
* Day by Day Unit Instructions (7 pages)
* Digital Links Document (1 pages)
* Word Wall (11 pages)
* Simple Subject Verb Agreement Signs (2 pages)
* School Flashcards - Color, B/W, Key (11 pages)
* School Flashcards Digital Practice
* Practice Worksheets and a Vocabulary Test (20 pages)
* Practice Worksheets and Vocabulary Test KEY (16 pages)
* Digital Practice Worksheets as Google Slides (18 slides)
* Bell Work - 8 Slides plus 7 Keys & Bell Work Worksheet for students (15 slides, 2 pages)
* Digital Bell Work as Google Slides (8 Slides)
* Fluency Practice and Rubric (2 pages)
* 5 Speaking, Listening, and/or Spelling Slideshows
1. Plural vs. Singular Nouns & Pronoun Practice Slideshow (72 slides)
2. Pronoun Partner Practice (9 pages)
3. Basic Phrases Partner Practice Slideshow (20 slides)
4. Simple Present Tense Slideshow (20 slides)
5. Vocabulary Review Slideshow (76 slides)
This unit includes some basic school words as well as a few important phrases. Then, we practice the unit vocabulary by introducing plural and singular nouns, pronouns, and the simple present tense. In the following units, we continue to review and practice all grammar introduced in this unit as well as add new grammar.
Words or phrases included in flashcard set:
pencil ** binder ** eraser ** notebook ** scissors ** pen ** chair ** bookcase ** stapler ** door ** clock ** desk ** table ** window ** book ** calculator ** computer ** map ** student ** ruler ** teacher ** gym ** classroom ** board ** paper ** learn ** read a book ** ask a question ** write a story ** sit in a chair ** study ** Health ** Physical Science ** Social Studies ** Math ** Science
Basic Sentences Include:
** How are you today? ... I'm fine. How are you? ... I'm well. Thank you.
** Good morning! Good afternoon! Good evening!
** Have a good day. See you tomorrow! .... You too! See you tomorrow!
** May I please go to the restroom?
** Excuse me. I have a question.
I have written more details about this unit on my blog. There is also an overview of the entire curriculum, including its philosophy & background, its set up, and my reasons for publishing it in the first place HERE.
FULL 11 Unit Curriculum at 25% off
Unit 1: Introduction to School (You are viewing this one!)
Unit 3: School People and Places
----- Units 1, 2, 3 @ 20% off
Unit 4: Your Day – Days, Time, Weather
Unit 5: Your Year - Months, Seasons, & Colors.
----- Unit 4, 5 @ 20% off
----- Units 6, 7 @ 20% off
Unit 8: Face, Body, Illnesses, & Injuries
----- Units 8, 9 @ 20% off
----- Units 10, 11 @ 20% off