ESL Beginners Lessons: Vocabulary for Bathroom & Cafeteria
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Thank you for shopping here! This bundle goes over all your school basics. What you receive with this purchase: 3 Units at 20% offGrammar Skills: plural/singular nouns, pronouns, simple present tense, numbers, writing both positive and negative sentences with be-verbs, questions using be-verbs, do &Price $21.50Original Price $26.97Save $5.47
- Hello and thank you for shopping here; I'm so excited to share this with you! This bundle has all units at 25% off. I have taught this curriculum in my own high school ESL classroom for several years. As of December 2021, all 11 units have been posted here on TPT. Please note I do add to units eachPrice $81.00Original Price $108.89Save $27.89
We want our students thriving, not just surviving! This unit teaches ESL newcomers new vocabulary alongside new grammar concepts in a fun and exciting way. It's for middle and high school students and can be used on-site, online, or anything in between. The digital resources can be shared on Google Classroom. This is Unit 2 in my newcomer curriculum.
This Cafeteria & Restroom Unit takes approximately 3 weeks. I teach it in but the curriculum is very flexible and can fit into whatever you need.
* Day by Day Unit Instructions (6 pages)
* Digital Day by Day Unit Instruction (7 pages)
* Word Wall (10 pages)
* Cafeteria and Restroom Flashcards - Color, B/W, Key, Credits (12 pages)
* Vocabulary Flashcards on Quizlet
* Practice Worksheets with Keys and a Vocabulary & Grammar Test (37 pages)
* Digital Practice Worksheets and Test (19 pages)
* Bell Work - 8 Slides plus 8 Keys & Bell Work Worksheet for students (16 slides, 2 pages)
* Digital Bell Work (8 slides)
* Fluency Practice and Rubric (2 pages)
* 4 Speaking Slideshows (30 slides, 24 slides, 60 slides, 28 slides, 17 slides)
* Memory Game (9 pages)
This unit includes some basic restroom and cafeteria words as well as a few important phrases. Then, it reviews singular/plural nouns and subject verb agreement and introduces numbers and writing both positive and negative sentences with be-verbs. The summative test includes vocabulary and grammar. In my following units, we continue to review and practice all grammar introduced in this unit as well as add new grammar.
Words or phrases included in flashcard set:
mirror * toilet paper * toilet * sink * soap * trash can * restroom * towel * water * spoon * knife * fork * cup * napkin * plate * bowl * straw * cafeteria * tissue * use * eat * drink * wash * clean * pay * buy * listen * money * cash * empty * full * big * small * long * short * heavy * light * tall
Basic Sentences Include:
** I already turned in that assignment.
** Do you have time to help me with my ____?
** How old are you? I am ____ years old.
** Where are you from? I am from ___________.
** What’s your phone number? My phone number is _________.
I have written more details about this unit on my blog. Please let me know if you have further questions!
FULL 11 Unit Curriculum at 25% off
Unit 1: Introduction to School
Unit 2: Cafeteria & Restroom (You are viewing this one!)
Unit 3: School People and Places
----- Units 1, 2, 3 @ 20% off
Unit 4: Your Day – Days, Time, Weather
Unit 5: Your Year - Months, Seasons, & Colors.
----- Unit 4, 5 @ 20% off
----- Units 6, 7 @ 20% off
Unit 8: Face, Body, Illnesses, & Injuries
----- Units 8, 9 @ 20% off
----- Units 10, 11 @ 20% off