An ESL advent calendar with 12 different Christmas activities. The calendar can also be used with very young English speaking children. All you need to do is print out the Christmas task, number them and pick one at the beginning of each class. This low-prep activity will put your young learners in a Christmas mood!
The set of worksheets includes:
- Write a letter to Santa
- Listen to 'Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer" and fill in the gaps
- Make a Christmas ornament
- Solve and create a Christmas puzzle
- Decorate and hang a Christmas stocking
- Write a Christmas card
- Create a Christmas alphabet / play a Christmas memory game
- Read a Christmas story and fill in the missing words ('Twas the Night Before Christmas)
- Draw and write about your perfect gingerbread house
- Complete a Christmas cookie recipe and write your own
- Colour Christmas ornaments (roll and colour)
- Watch a Christmas video and answer questions about it (Frosty the Snowman)
The activities are not numbered so the order depends on you and your needs. The song and the video are linked in PDF.
Hope you and your young learners enjoy the activity! Merry Christmas!