Are you planning in implementing a Current Events/Affairs module in your ESL class that is interactive and adds some easy to use multimedia? This resource is tailored to help facilitate English learners in presenting about current events. These ready-to-use printables step learners through the task to determine what is newsworthy, help with different word forms and more...!
Teaching resource includes:
1. Handout with Task description
*Research of a current event, multimedia presentation using ThingLink
* Hyperlink to video on 'How to ThingLink'
* Hyperlinks to various news websites and citation machine
* Sentence starters
2. Handout "What is Newsworthy?"
* Description on 5 news values
* 5 news values terms and their word forms
3. Teacher copy "What is Newsworthy?" Matching activity
*Cut out terms and definition, place in envelope and let groups of students match terms to help reinforce terms.
4. Research Log Sheet (2 pages)
Your feedback is highly valued. Feel free to leave me with a comment and get awesome TPT credits:)!