Here’s a nice freebie with 8 slides to teach students English for the first time.
The lesson is aimed at teenagers, young adults or adults with little or no English at all. It is all about giving them confidence in learning this new language. So whatever their mothertongue this should help they develop communicative skills quickly.
1. A brainstorming about why it is important to learn English with a fun short video
2. A writestorming about countries
3. A feedback with a brief grammar point about the use of articles with countries (aimed at more proficient students)
4. A geography activity so that they can reuse the vocabulary about countries with a map to label
5. A matching up activity between world countries and flags
Want more? Check these ones!
ESL EAL introduction numbers 1-10, verb to BE, PPT Unit 1 lesson 2
ESL EAL introduction numbers 1-10, verb to BE, booklet Unit 1 lesson 2
ESL EAL introduction numbers 1-10, verb to BE full lesson Unit 1 lesson 2
ESL EAL introduction, food, likes, opinions booklet Unit 1 lesson 3
ESL EAL introduction food, likes, opinions PPT Unit 1 lesson 3
ESL EAL introduction hobbies PPT Unit 1 lesson 4
ESL EAL introduction hobbies booklet Unit 1 lesson 4
ESL EAL introduction hobbies full lesson Unit 1 lesson 4
ESL EAL Grammar full lesson PPT and activity booklet Unit 1 lesson 5