Here’s a nice presentation with 7 slides to teach English - a basic/elementary level.
The lesson is aimed at teenagers, young adults or adults with little or no English at all. It is all about giving them confidence in learning this new language. So whatever their mothertongue this should help they develop communicative skills quickly.
1. A brainstorming about what they have learned in Unit 1 lesson 1 about countries/nationalities, the alphabet and basic questions
2. An interactive activity with a forum where students can read about another student telling about why English is important for him. Students need to recognize cognates.
3. A writing activity about why English is important for them
4. A review about the alphabet pronunciation and IPA with a text message to decipher
5. An introduction to numbers with a matching up
Looking for more?
ESL EAL self introduction 2
ESL EAL self introduction 1 powerpoint
ESL EAL self introduction 1 booklet