Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
8 MB|43 pages
Use these English language activities with your beginner English Language Learners or Newcomer EFL students. Engage your English Language Learners while they learn house vocabulary and plural nouns. These vocabulary and grammar activities incorporate research based practices proven to enhance English Language instruction and aid in optimal retention of key concepts.
As an ESL teacher, I was frustrated over the lack of quality resources for introducing vocabulary and grammar concepts to ESL | EFL beginning level students. Most trade books don’t do this well or offer too little practice for optimal retention of the target skills. So, I decided to create my own resources.
Research shows students need 8-12 exposures to new vocabulary. This no prep unit will give your students plenty of practice in acquiring and using house vocabulary. Your students can keep the anchor charts/study guides handy as they practice their new skills.
Research also shows that grammar concepts are more effective when learned in context and not as an isolated skill. In this unit, students learn and practice the rules for forming regular and irregular plural nouns using house vocabulary.
The unit culminates in an extended writing activity.
Answer Keys are provided for all activities.
Included in this Unit:
• House Vocabulary Anchor Charts/Study Guides in Color and Blackline
• House Vocabulary Picture Word Match (2 Pages)
• Write the House Vocabulary With Word Bank Support (2 Pages)
• Write the Vocabulary Without Word Bank Support (2 Pages)
• What Doesn’t Belong? Activity
• Diagramming Activity
• Categorizing Activity
• Dialogue Activities (Differentiated)
• How to Form Plural Nouns Anchor Chart/Study Guide
• Identify Correct Plural Noun Form / Plural Noun Scramble
• Plural Noun Word Search
• Plural Noun Error Correction
• Answer Keys for all Activities
• My Favorite Room Writing (Includes Teacher Writing Model, Student Writing checklist, and writing rubric)
• Answer Keys for Activities
You can find all of my resources for English Language Learners here: ESL EFL Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the “follow” link near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about flash freebies and you will also be able to see when I add to a product you have purchased. Any purchased product can be downloaded unlimited times. ☺