This is an excellent, creative resource to review common homonyms in crossword puzzle format, after you have taught them to students. There are 50 homonyms included. Examples of clues are given below.
The number after the clue indicates the letters in the missing word.
The missing word is a homonym of a word embedded in the clue itself, and in the printout, you will see the word underlined, and in bold text. Here the words are bordered by * *
1) In order to treat --------- successfully, doctors need to have lots of *patience*. (8)
2) The accomplished ballerina can perform an exquisite ------ with her *feet*. (4)
3) The school *banned* certain students from performing in the marching ----- due to excessive absences. (4)
4) The nurse told me that my sprained ------- will soon *heal*. (4)
5) Not a ------ survived the plane crash. Not a *sole* survivor remained. (4)