Need some time to bake pies and clean the house before your guests come or to pack before you travel to visit relatives? This bundle of print and go ELL, ESL, EFL, ELD activities has everything you need to make it through the last 3 days before Thanksgiving break (and you can use them every year in the future, too).
While you're relaxing, your students will be reading, writing, speaking, learning vocab, and playing games to practice their English. This bundle has differentiated learning activities for a variety of levels of students. It includes:
* vocabulary sheets
* food picture vocabulary sheets
* word search
* 20 colorful flashcards/game cards (large and small versions)
* cootie catcher, fortune teller with Thanksgiving fortunes
* interactive notebook craft (what you're eating, whom you are visiting, what you're thankful for)
* simple, interactive notebook version of "Save the Turkeys" (You shouldn't eat turkey because . . .)
* structured fill in the blank essay (when is Thanksgiving, what will you eat, where will you go, what activities will you do, etc.)
* more formal persuasive essay on why you shouldn't eat turkey
* interactive notebook flashcards (photos on one side, English on the other) - great for writing activities
* students draw pictures to represent themselves and/or their families on a turkey feather and then explain their pictures in English to a partner or the class. Afterwards, all the feathers create a class turkey.
Reward/Motivation System for Good Behavior:
* "Caught Being Good" November class reward system with turkey feathers
* 10 class games to practice the vocabulary (drawing pictures of vocab while students guess, describing vocabulary words, and guess the word taped on their backs by asking yes or no questions to figure out who or what they are)