Past tense pronunciation in English can be tricky due to the three final sounds that "ed" can make. This packet provides a word sort, rule explanation, and two practice reading passages in order to provide students with lots of opportunities to make their pronunciation sound more native. There are also several games.
Specifically, on the following pages you will find:
1. explanation of how to use the resources
2. word sort words to cut - individual or small group activity
3. word sort category cards
4. pronunciation rule that can be passed out or posted
5. pronunciation key independent activity
6. Grandma's Cookies story for past tense practice
7. Answer key for Grandma's Cookies
8. Traveling to India story for past tense practice
9. Answer key for traveling to India
10. 'What did she do last night" game explanation
11. "What did she do last night" game cards
12. "How am I feeling" game explanation
13. "How am I feeling" game cards
I hope you find this useful in your ESL classroom! Find more resources at absentaccent.com.