This is a lesson for ESL students needing an explanation about future continuous and future perfect.The lesson contains the following:
- Animated notes on the tenses with brief explanations and examples
- A reading activity that gives predictions for 2025 with bold vocabulary that I use for students to create synonyms/ antonyms, along with a sentence combining exercise using conjunctions. Teacher can ask questions to lead students to answering in the correct tense
- A listening activity using three videos from YouTube that give predictions for the future (today) from the past (1950's)
- A speaking activity that allows students to make their own predictions (This can easily be turned into a technology project using PowerPoint)
- A journal activity asking students to write personal predictions for their lives
Copyright © 2017 Paige Vetter
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.