This is a 1-2 week unit that focuses on writing complete, simple sentences and comma rules. It goes over simple sentences with nouns and verbs in a series, and simple sentences with two or more adverbs and adjectives. It introduces prepositional phrases to add at the end of a simple sentence and also at the beginning. This will make is a complex sentence, so the teacher may use this as a spring board to complex sentences or cut it out entirely. Lessons & Unit include
- Notes and the comma rules
- Identification / Practice as a class
- Think & Ink activities
- Editing sentences in paragraphs
- Revising sentences in paragraphs
- Multiple station/ pair work opportunities
- Matching & manipulative activities
- Picture prompts and sentence stems
I created this as a way to review and refresh good writing skills to my ELLs at the beginning of the school year. Newcomers may need more support, which you can find with my Beginner Writing Unit
Check out the preview and note that it is a small sample of what this mini-unit provides.
Copyright © 2017 Paige Vetter
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.