This is a comprehensive 2 week unit teaching the past participle/ verb 3 and present perfect.
Week 1 is dedicated to learning only the past participle/ verb 3 in conjunction with review simple past/ verb 2. Activities for the week include:
- Irregular past participal list
- Verb sort (visual and kinesthetic, focus on pronunciation)
- Looping activity (visual and kinesthetic, focus on writing/ pronunciation)
- "Rap" Video with lyrics (visual and auditory, focus on listening/ pronunciation)
- Videos (visual and auditory, focus on listening/ pronunciation)
- Bingo (visual and auditory, focus on listening/ reading/ pronunciation)
- Pictionary (visual and auditory, focus on listening/ pronunciation)
- Online Games (visual, focus on reading)
Week 2 introduces the present perfect tense.
Day 1- Videos to explain present perfect in students native languages (Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic and Turkish). Notes. 2 practice worksheets.
Day 2- Interactive PowerPoint to get students to practice speaking with verb 3. Speaking game for students to play. Classmate interview activity to also prompt writing and speaking.
Day 3- Notes on "for" and "since." Practice worksheet. Kahoot Game.
Day 4- Interactive PowerPoint to get students to practice "for" and "since" in regards to an imaginary student timeline. Students create own timeline and present to class.
Day 5- Notes on "just" and "already." Interactive PowerPoint with pictures to get students to practice "just" and "already" in context. Interactive PowerPoint to check for class understanding. 1 practice worksheet.
Day 6- Notes on "Yet." Students create their "bucket list."