Products in this Bundle (23)
showing 1-5 of 23 products
ELL Newcomer Thematic Vocabulary Units are engaging and interactive, while providing students with important basic vocabulary to help them begin to tackle tasks in English. This printable and digital, Google Slides™ bundle is perfect for supporting ELL newcomers in class or distance learning.
Students receive a printable and digital Picture Dictionary with 20 themes, along with 20 printable and digital thematic units (i.e. School Supplies, Body Parts, etc.). The activities increase in difficulty throughout each unit, from studying flashcards (with audio) to writing basic sentences with the vocabulary words.
*Take a look at the Product Preview above for a more detailed look into each resource*
Printable Picture Dictionary (20 topics/themes): This printable picture dictionary is a perfect tool to give your beginning readers and ELL students the support and confidence they need to begin to tackle tasks in English. This product is available in color or grayscale. Directions are included for printing your dictionary as a double-sided mini book.
Each of the 20 thematic units in the picture dictionary come with the following 10 resources:
1. Vocabulary Posters: These are visuals to introduce the 9-28 vocabulary words in each unit.
2. Vocabulary Cards: These can be used as flashcards, a word wall, or hole punched onto word ring.
3. Lift the Flap Book (2 Pages): Students cut on the dotted lines of the cover page to create the flaps. Then, they glue the cover page to the bottom page along the center. Two cover options are available: with clipart or without clipart.
4. Lift the Flap Foldable (1 Page): This is an alternative to the lift the flap book for a 1 page option. Students cut on the dotted lines and then fold each side over the center images. They write the vocabulary term on the outside of the flap.
5. Interactive Mini Reader: This is a simple book with repetitive sentence starters. Students cut out the pictures on the last page of their mini reader and glue them on their correct page.
6. Worksheets: These provide students chances to build up from simple matching to writing with the vocabulary words. They are great for independent practice or homework.
7. Discussion Starters: Each photograph comes with an image the teacher uses to work on oral language skills through discussion. After folding the paper in half, the teacher has questions on their side and the students have the image facing them. The teacher can also see sentence starters, which can be written on the board as a support for beginning ELLs. This is great for providing vocabulary and boost writing confidence for the next activity (#8, below).
8. Photography Free-Writes: Students have space to write vocabulary from the discussion (#7, above). Then, they write about the photograph. There are 2 writing rule width options.
9. Vocabulary Cards: Smaller vocabulary cards that are perfect for a matching game or Bingo.
10. Bingo Cards: 8-10 cards
British/Australian/Canadian Spellings are also included.
- Digital Picture Dictionary (20 topics/themes): This digital, Google Slides, picture dictionary includes the same themes as the printable picture dictionary. There is a section for students to also put type in their own vocabulary as well (optional).
Each of the 20 thematic units in the picture dictionary come with the following resources:
- POSTER: This is a one-page poster that introduces the vocabulary words with a visual and audio.
- INTERACTIVE FLASHCARDS: Students lift a picture to see hear the word for it underneath. They cover and uncover the word to practice as needed.
- DIGITAL PRACTICE PAGES (5): These provide students chances to build up from simple matching to writing with the vocabulary words. They are great for independent practice.
- INTERACTIVE MINI READER (1-2): These are simple books with repetitive sentence starters. Students drag and drop pictures or phrases into their mini reader. Students can re-read their books to build English fluency.
- PHOTOGRAPH FREE-WRITES (3-4): Students describe photographs using questions to think about and sentence stems provided. Students have space to write vocabulary as they brainstorm for their free- writing. Then, they write about the photograph.
- LISTENING COMPREHENSION CHECK: Students listen to audio of a word and then drag and drop the picture to match to the audio.
- WORD SEARCH: Students find the words for pictures based on the picture only. Having the picture only requires them to try to remember how it is spelled.
WHAT THE TEACHER RECEIVES:
- Google Slides™ Links for 20 Thematic Units
- Google Slides™ Link for Digital Picture Dictionary
- Teacher Directions (for sharing links with students)
- Answer Keys for Word Searches
20 PAPER & DIGITAL VOCABULARY UNITS INCLUDED:
- School Supplies
- School Routines
- Body Parts & Senses
- Daily Routines
- Days & Months
- Sports & Activities
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Descriptions (Adjectives)
- Ocean Animals
- Shapes & Colors
- Toys (Bonus Unit, for Primary Students)
If you already own the paper-only version of this bundle and would like to upgrade to this paper and digital bundle, please reach out under the Q&A tab above, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can explain how you go about doing that. Thank you!