Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Make your world history unit come alive with these engaging vocabulary and content activities. Use these resources with your beginner and intermediate level English Language Learners, ESL, or EFL or Special Education students to make the content of ancient hunter gatherer society comprehensible.
Research shows English Language Learners and special needs students require multiple exposure to content in various formats. Use this Picture Dictionary and Student Workbook to engage your students as they learn content, vocabulary, and academic language.
Research also shows that grammar concepts are more effective when learned in context and not as an isolated skill. In this unit, students learn and practice using plural nouns.
Note: This is the first unit in my world history series. You can use this alone or as the beginning of the series. I will be adding new units to this series periodically. You can find them here.
Included in this Unit: Three Resources in One!
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area (Hunter Gatherers)
• Hunter Gatherer Vocabulary Anchor Chart/Study Guide
• Number Chart
• Migration Map
• Prehistoric Village Visual
• Forming Plural Nouns Anchor Chart
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area Student Workbook (Hunter Gatherers)
• Vocabulary Practice
• Making Plurals Practice
• Cardinal Numbers Practice
• Answering Questions – How Many?
• Reading a Migration Map and Answering Questions – When?
• Noun Sort
The Picture Dictionary in the Content Area Teacher’s Guide (Hunter Gatherers)
• Teaching Suggestions
• Content and Language Objectives
• Extension Activities
• Three and Four Column Editable Vocabulary Organizers
• Answer Keys to Student Activities
You can find all of my resources for English Language Learners here:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺