This ESL Passport HALL PASS is the same as the one sold individually, except that it has a very useful translation page for your students to help them better understand and learn new vocabulary, along with a Quiz for beginners and intermediate/advanced students.
See the description below related to the hall pass itself, the translation page, as well as the quiz, but make sure to also look at the preview to give you a nice visual idea of what the packet contains.
THE PASSPORT HALL PASS:
The document is printed in only one 8.5 x 11 sheet, but is divided into 4 sections. The page is to be folded in 4, just like you would do for a card and in the back, students can see the rules. Once you go over the rules with them, they are to sign their passport with the date, so they have no excuse to say they did not know. You can see in the preview what are the rules.
Once folded, you have 4 pages:
- Page 1: Students draw the flag from their country and write their information (name, teacher's name, and room number).
- Page 2: Students are to enter the passport details (name, reasons to learn English, etc.
- Page 3: This is the Visas section which is used as a hall pass. They have 6 sections allowing them to go to their lockers, restroom, etc. Once the sections are filled out, they can't go out anymore. I suggest you give them a new passport at the beginning of each term.
- Page 4: Students are to sign the passport to show they know and understand the rules, so they have no excuse to say they did not know about a certain rule. In the full ESL Passport HALL PASS Packet version, there is a translation page for the students to fill out, as well as a quiz.
Answer key is provided, but note that many of the answers may vary for each students, such as their nationality, what they like, etc.
Once the Passport is filled out and signed, students are ready to use it as a hall pass, which was designed to be used 6 times in each term, making it easier to manage with students who always want to go out.
This model is different, which means that if students need to show their pass, it will help them gain confidence, at God’s will, by having answers ready for them to say, if asked.
Yes, with this passport, English learning can still continue to take place even outside of the classroom!
This page is to help ESL students understand the rules from their ESL Passport HALL PASS, in the proposed following ways:
1. After given the passport to your students, read the rules slowly in English so they can hear the right pronunciation, and have them repeat after you.
2. Using the 2 page form in this packet, have your student translate the rules with a dictionary, online, or with an electronic translator.
3. After translation is done, you can verify if learning took place with the quiz offered in this package. The learning process is to see if they know the rules, but it is also to help them build their English vocabulary.
1. See if learning took place with the following quizzes available:
- for beginners (to be done with the passport, since there is a section where they need to fill in the blanks).
- for intermediates/advances learners
2. Answer key provided for each quiz.