ESL Reading Comprehension Passages and ESL Vocabulary | ESL Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Also included in
- This growing bundle of Close Reading and Writing passages provides teachers with a variety of passages and aligned differentiated writing prompts. Each passage features high-interest, age-appropriate topics to engage students and provide contextual support for vocabulary development. Passages are shPrice $29.00Original Price $65.00Save $36.00
- While intermediate students are able to create with language more freely, they still benefit from direct skills teaching and scaffolded support. These activities will strengthen their foundation, confidence, and skills in English. This bundle of over 1,000 pages will help you in the following ways:1Price $53.60Original Price $134.00Save $80.40
When teaching students to read, especially students whose first language is not English, you will need to try some specific strategies in order to see their English and reading comprehension grow. These passages have been created with the needs of ELL students in mind.
These Reading Passages focus on three strategies.
- Read stories that relate to the world around them.
- Have plenty of opportunities to learn and apply new vocabulary.
- Not just become a reader, but a thinker while reading.
These strategies are all included in the following passages and will give your students plenty of time to learn English while working on comprehension skills. And if you have students that are not reading yet, no worries! You can still use these passages and have them listen to the story instead of reading it.
Each passage will help students think BEFORE reading, think WHILE they are reading, and think AFTER they read.
Every month 12 different seasonal topics will be made available both to print or to use digitally!
Want to try a free sample? Click here!
Looking for more support?
Click here to sign up for a free yearlong scope and sequence for newcomer and intermediate ELLs!
If you have any questions or ways I can help, please feel free to email me at email@example.com