Also included in
- Buy now and save with free updates and additional products! Looking for rigorous, age and level-appropriate assignments for your Classroom ESL students, with none of the prep work? These resources for English Language Learners are just what you need! With three levels of work ready to assign digital$137.90$197.00Save $59.10
Teach pre-teen and teenage English Language Learners reading and listening comprehension skills through these fun fairy tale short stories! ELL students of all levels will love these short stories, and no-prep built-in differentiation means you will, too! Take back your time and help your students become independent learners, no matter if you're in-person, hybrid learning, or distance learning this school year.
*In my experience, many of my ELLs miss references to fairy tales and fables in other texts because they have not learned them in English. These texts are great for fun reading and listening comprehension practice, but can also be used to pre-teach fairy tales and folktales to help students understand the more complex texts you may be reading in class!
Each of these ESL reading comprehension short stories has three levels of text and questions for easy differentiation.
- Level 1: Simple language, shorter text, and text-based multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank comprehension questions make this level a perfect fit for pre-emergent beginning English Language Learners.
- Level 2: Slightly more complicated text and two text-based short answer questions for emergent to intermediate English Language Learners.
- Level 3: The most challenging level of text features three questions that require short summaries of specific portions of the text and ask the student to relate to the text. Great for advanced English Language Learners.
The texts include important vocabulary words for each level for practice with context clues and dictionary skills.
Your life is hard enough, especially this year. Four versions of each text make differentiating easy, no matter how you're teaching this year.
- Printable Version: Use for small-groups, whole class-learning, independent work, homework, or send-home packets for distance learning.
- Digital Without Audio: Use for small groups, independent learning, homework, or distance learning. Students should be able to read text and questions independently or with teacher/ classmate assistance.
- Digital With Audio: Use for independent learning, centers/ stations, distance learning, or homework. Students will have the text and questions read to them, letting them work independently (and giving you time to actually...teach!)
- Audio Only Version: Use for practicing listening comprehension. The story will be read to them without the text, but the questions will be read to them as well. Use for centers/ stations, distance learning, or homework.
All formats and levels are ready to print or assign with zero prep from the teacher. Simply pick a level and format and assign it to students! Clean and consistent age-appropriate formatting means all students will be able to work independently, leaving you with time to focus on teaching!
You'll also ove: