Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Short Reading Comprehension Passages - ESL Reading Articles.
This bundle contains 50 short reading passages.
* Practice reading skills
* Learn new vocabulary
Students read the passages and answer the questions or complete the exercises that follow to check reading comprehension.
These materials are applicable for elementary and low intermediate level students.
The matterial is geared toward teenage and adult students.
Part 1 and 2:
1. A day in life of James Blunt. w229
2. A Horrible Time.w219
3. Blue Monday.w302
4. Chritina Ricci.w211
5. Daily routine in our kitchen.w457
6. English at work.w148
7. Free time.w244
8. Helping hands.w168
9. Holiday Jobs.w175
10. I ran a marathon every day.w210
11. In Britain. Places to eat.w136
12. J K Rowling.w210
13. Joe's blog.w194
14. Lena's letter.w95
15. Little Miss Picasso.w148
16. Living abroad.Teens. w315
17. Meal times and opening hours in the UK.w186
18. My best friend.w155
19. My favourite season.w202
20. My home town.w259
21. My Job.w277
22. My three New Years festivals.w178
23. My weekend.w245
24. Oldest people.w183
25. One day in history.w201
26. Online shopping.w220
27. Our night at the Ice Hotel.w173
28. People I know.w288
29. Peter Macmillan.w200
30. Rita and her family.w209
31. School and University. w306
32. Shopping malls. w143
33. Shops and shopping.w193
34. Sky diver.w189
35. Smart surfing.w143
36. Stranger on the train.w212
37. Super cook.w171
38. The boy who cried wolf.w318
39. The new Mozart.w143
40. The secret of success.w209
41. Things I'd like to do.w298
43. Watch your baby grow.w259
44. What do you have for breakfast.w155
45. What is your job.w235
46. Wild food.w206
47. You should go to...w323
48. Young and successful 1.w94
49. Young and successful 2. w192
50. Your Techno blog.w182
All the passages are in the separate documents, so you can create your own bundles or change them according to your needs.
After each title you can see amount of words in the text (w178).
The tasks after the texts (usually 1 to 4) can be the following:
1/ Answer the questions
2/ True or False
3/ Choose the correct definitions
4/ Complete the questions/ sentences
5/ Circle/ Choose the correct answer
6/ Make the sentences with the following words
7/ Match adjectives and nouns etc.
Feedback and ratings are appreciated.
I would love to know what you think.