This bundle includes four fun activities to practice speaking and English conversation with your students
1. ESL Activities: Picture Prompts for Speaking Practice Set 1 and Set 2
Each set includes 20 engaging picture prompts (2 sizes) plus 20 conversation task cards. The pictures and questions are appropriate for all ages. There are 2 levels of questions so you can use these task cards with various levels and throughout the year.
• Conversation Practice: Students will work in pairs. One student will look at the picture as the other student asks the questions provided on the task card. I recommend having all students begin with Level 1 questions. This activity is a great way to start a class.
Have the pictures and task cards on the desks as the students walk in the door.
• These picture prompts can also be used in a number of other ways. Students can practice sequencing words, cause and effect, journal writing, generating questions and assessment of oral language.
There are two levels of questions:
Level 1 questions include present tense, present progressive, simple past, yes/no questions, giving descriptions and "wh-" question words.
Level 2 questions include future tense, giving explanations, providing opinions, "why" questions, compare/contrast, "if", and "should".
2. ESL Conversation Cards for Speaking Practice Set 1 and Set 2
This resource includes 144 conversation cards for your ESL classroom. They can be used as a warm up activity and are a great way to get students settled in at the beginning of class. In addition, they can also be used as writing prompts.
Each topic is color coded. The topics include
• “Getting to Know You”
• “Your Neighborhood/ Housing”
• “Free Time”
• “The Past”
• “The Future”
• “If…” (Conditional)
Set 2 includes the following topics:
• “Love and Friendship”
• “Social Media”
• “Seasons and Weather”
• “Money and Shopping”
• “How often....?” (Adverbs of Frequency)
• “Would you rather....?"
You may also like
ESL Conversation Activities: Picture Prompts for Speaking Practice (SET 2)
ESL Activities: Picture Prompts for Writing Practice
ESL Activities: Physical Appearances
ESL Activities: Maps and Buildings
ESL Activities: Rooms of the House
ESL Activities: Action Verbs and Verb Tenses