This tic-tac-toe game is a great way for students learning English to practice comparisons. It can be used as a learning activity, a reward, a center, or even in small group instruction.
The following comparisons are included:
tall, taller, tallest, dirty, dirtier, dirtiest, long, longer, longest, old, older, oldest, young, younger, youngest, sad, sadder, saddest, fast, faster, fastest, big, bigger, biggest, rich, richer, and richest.
Multiple versions of each board are included so you can use the one that best meets your students' needs.
1. Color tic-tac-toe boards with labels
2. Color tic-tac-toe boards without labels
3. Black and white tic-tac-toe boards with labels
4. Black and white tic-tac-toe boards without labels
5. Word-only tic-tac-toe boards
You can use this play this game in several different ways:
1. Vocabulary review- Players must name the vocabulary word to claim the square.
2. Sentences- Players must create a sentence with the word to claim the square.
3. Sentence frame practice- Players must create a sentence with a given sentence frame using the word to claim the square.
***Of course, the first person to have three in a row wins!
This product is great for any ESL teacher. It is also great for use in the VIPKID classroom as a reward system that also teaches and reinforces language concepts.
All materials are provided in color and black/white versions. 19 pages
Keywords: learning game, comparisons, comparative, superlative, reinforcement, ESL, ESOL, online learning, counting, classroom management, VIPKID, The Deane's List