This tic-tac-toe game is a great way for students learning English to practice asking and answering questions. It can be used as a learning activity, a reward, a center, or even in small group instruction.
The following question words are included:
who, what, where, when, why, which, how, how many, and how much.
Multiple versions of each board are included so you can use the one that best meets your students' needs.
1. Color tic-tac-toe boards with labels
2. Color tic-tac-toe boards without labels
3. Black and white tic-tac-toe boards with labels
4. Black and white tic-tac-toe boards without labels
5. Word-only tic-tac-toe boards
You can use this play this game in several different ways:
1. Vocabulary review- Players must name the vocabulary word to claim the square.
2. Asking questions- Players must ask a question with the word to claim the square.
3. Conversation practice- Players must ask a question with the word and listen appropriately to the response.
***Of course, the first person to have three in a row wins!
This product is great for any ESL teacher. It is also great for use in the VIPKID classroom as a reward system that also teaches and reinforces language concepts.
One board in this set is in color and black and white. One board is only available in black and white. 12 pages
Keywords: learning game, questions, reinforcement, ESL, ESOL, online learning, counting, classroom management, VIPKID, The Deane's List