Let your ESL or elementary school students learn and remember the vocabulary related to summer in a fun and constructive way!
1) Translate the word “Summer” in your language.
2) Find and circle all of the words that are hidden in the grid.
3) One of the words is mostly related with winter. Highlight or circle the word.
1) Write an adjective, noun, or verb that relates to each summer words.
2) Write a full sentence, using the summer word given.
The first page comes with 29 words related to summer time, along with a challenging word they must recognize, which could also be used for another season.
The 2nd page of the handout is also a great way to open up discussions, by simply asking your students to say the word they found that relates to the summer time vocabulary. Then, you could ask them to say the sentence they found for that word. As a teacher, you could repeat the sentence and ask the other students to repeat. This can easily open up discussions in English, while having fun while learning takes place.
During this immersion time, you can tell your students you are given them 10 points out of 10 to start with, but every time they speak or write using another language, they lose 1 point. I have done it so many times and find that learning increases much more when doing immersion, and the students just like it.